Master Mantak Chia is the creator of the Universal Healing Tao system and is the director of the Universal Healing Tao Center and Tao Garden Health Resort and Training Center in the beautiful northern countryside of Thailand. Since childhood he has been studying the Taoist approach to life. His mastery of this ancient knowledge, enhanced by his study of other disciplines, has resulted in the development of the Universal Healing Tao System, which is now being taught throughout the world.
Mantak Chia was born in Thailand to Chinese parents in 1944. When he was six years old, Buddhist monks taught him how to sit and “still the mind.” While still a grammar school student, he learned traditional Thai boxing. He was then taught Tai Chi Chuan by Master Lu, who soon introduced him to Aikido, Yoga and broader levels of Tai Chi.
Years later, when he was a student in Hong Kong excelling in track and field events, a senior classmate named Cheng Sue-Sue introduced him to his first esoteric teacher and Taoist Master, Master Yi Eng (I Yun). At this point, Master Chia began his studies of the Taoist way of life in earnest. He learned how to circulate energy through the Microcosmic Orbit and, through the practice of Fusion of the Five Elements, how to open the other Six Special Channels. As he studied Inner Alchemy further, he learned the Enlightenment of the Kan and Li, Sealing of the Five Senses, Congress of Heaven and Earth and Reunion of Heaven and Man. It was Master Yi Eng who authorized Master Chia to teach and heal.
When Mantak Chia was in his early twenties he studied with Master Meugi in Singapore, who taught him Kundalini, Taoist Yoga and the Buddha Palm. He was soon able to clear blockages to the flow of energy within his own body. He learned to pass the life force energy through his hands also, so that he could heal Master Meugi’s patients. He then learned Chi Nei Tsang from Dr. Mui Yimwattana in Thailand.
A while later, he studied with Master Cheng Yao-Lun who taught him the Shao-Lin Method of Internal Power. He learned the closely guarded secret of the organs, glands and bone marrow exercise known as Bone Marrow Nei Kung and the exercise known as Strengthening and Renewal of the Tendons. Master Cheng Yao-Lun’s system combined Thai boxing and Kung Fu. Master Chia also studied at this time with Master Pan Yu, whose system combined Taoist, Buddhist and Zen teachings. Master Pan Yu also taught him about the exchange of Yin and Yang power between men and women, and how to develop the Steel Body.
To understand the mechanisms behind healing energy better, Master Chia studied Western anatomy and medical science for two years. While pursuing his studies, he managed the Westetner Company.
Using his knowledge of Taoism, combined with the other disciplines, Master Chia began teaching the Universal Healing Tao System. He eventually trained other Instructors to communicate this knowledge and he established the Natural Healing Center in Thailand. Five years later, he decided to move to New York, where in 1979, he opened the Universal Healing Tao Center. During his years in America, Master Chia continued his studies in the Wu system of Tai Chi with Edward Yee in New York.
Since then, Master Chia has taught tens of thousands of students throughout the world. He has trained and certified over 1,500 instructors and practitioners from all over the world. Universal Healing Tao Centers, Chi Nei Tsang Institutes, Cosmic Healing Forums and Immortal Mountain Sanctuaries have opened in many locations in North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and Australia.
In 1994, Master Chia moved back to Thailand, where he had begun construction of Tao Garden, the Universal Healing Tao Training Center in Chiang Mai. Master Chia is a warm, friendly and helpful man who views himself primarily as a teacher. He presents the Universal Healing Tao System in a straightforward and practical manner, while always expanding his knowledge and approach to teaching. He uses a word processor for writing and is totally at ease with the latest computer technology.
Master Chia estimates that it will take fifty books to convey the full Universal Healing Tao System. In June 1990, at a dinner in San Francisco, Master Chia was honored by the International Congress of Chinese Medicine and Qi Gong (Chi Kung), who named him the Chi Kung Master of the Year. He is the first recipient of this annual award.
In December 2000, the Tao Garden Health Resort and Universal Healing Tao Training Center was completed with two Meditation Halls, two open air Simple Chi Kung Pavilions, indoor Tai Chi, Tao Yin and Chi Nei Tsang Hall, Tai Chi Natural Swimming Pool, Pakua Center, Internal World Class Weight Lifting Hall and complete Eight Court Recreational Facilities.
In February 2002, the Immortal Tao practices were held at Tao Garden for the first time using the Dark Room technology creating a complete environment for the higher level Taoist practices. In September 2003 Master Chia opened the Tao Garden Holistic Medical Spa using Western and Eastern Technology with Traditional Thai Massage, India Arvada Therapies and Chinese Chi Nei Tsang Massage. The Spa is supervised by trained and certificated Medical Doctors, MDs with Holistic Degrees providing Colonic Therapy, Stem Cell Cancer Prevention and Natural Cancer Cure Treatments.
In March 2004 the Complete Holistic Mind, Body and Spirit Training were introduced at Tao Garden. In July 2009 Master Chia introduced the Five Star Eight Forces Detox Spa with Saunas, Therapy Color Heated Pool, Jacuzzi, and Internal Massage Treatments. This was also introduced with Raw Food and Fasting Program with Organic Juice Bar. In September 2010 the Universal Healing Tao Instructors celebrated thirty years of Master Chia’s teaching with the Tao Congress at Tao Garden having over 200 instructors present for the celebration.
Master Mantak Chia has written and published these fifty Universal Healing Tao books with sales of over an estimated million books over the last thirty years:
- Awaken Healing Energy of the Tao 1983 – published by Aurora Press
- Taoist Secrets of Love co-authored with Michael Winn 1984 – published by Aurora Press
- Taoist Ways to Transform Stress into Vitality -1985
- Chi Self-Massage: the Tao of Rejuvenation – 1986
- Iron Shirt Chi Kung – 1986
- Healing Love through the Tao – 1986
- Bone Marrow Nei Kung – 1989
- Fusion of the Five Elements – 1990
- Chi Nei Tsang: Internal Organ Chi Massage – 1990
- Awaken Healing Light of the Tao – 1993
- Inner Structure of Tai Chi – co-authored with Juan Li – 1996
- Multi-Orgasmic Man– co-authored with Douglas Abrams 1996 – published by Harper Collins
- Tao Yin – 1999
- Chi Nei Tsang II – 2000
- Multi-Orgasmic Couple – co-authored with Douglas Abrams 2000 – published by Harper Collins
- Cosmic Healing I – 2001
- Cosmic Healing II co-authored with Dirk Oellibrandt – 2001
- Door of All Wonders co-authored with Tao Haung – 2001
- Sexual Reflexology co-authored with W. U. Wei – 2002
- Elixir Chi Kung – 2002
- Tan Tien Chi Kung – 2002
- Cosmic Fusion – 2002
- Karsai Nei Tsang – 2003
- Cosmic Orbit – 2003
- Lesser Kan & Li – 2004
- Cosmic Inner Smile – 2004
- Cosmic Healing Sounds – 2004
- A Touch of Sex – co-authored with Kris Deva North – 2005
- Fusion of the Eight Psychic Channels – 2005
- Wisdom Chi Kung – 2005
- Multi-Orgasmic Woman – co-authored with Rachel Abrams 2005 – published by Rodale
- Tendon Nei Kung – 2006
- Living in the Tao – co-authored with W. U. Wei – 2007
- Cosmic Vision – co-authored with Robert Lewanski – 2007
- Universal World Link – 2008
- Simple Chi Kung – co-authored with Lee Holden – 2008
- Chi Cards – Book I – co-authored with W. U. Wei – 2008
- Emerald River – co-authored with W. U. Wei – 2009
- Cosmic Cleansing – co-authored with W. U. Wei – 2009
- Emotional Wisdom – co-authored with Dena Saxer – 2010 – published by New World Library
- Tai Chi Yang Style – co-authored with Andrew Jan – 2010
- Taoist Medicine Wheel -co-authored with Kris Deva North- 2010
- Magical Persona Astrology – co-authored with W. U. Wei – 2011
- Inner Alchemy from the Stars – co-authored with Christine Harkness-Giles – 2011
- Tai Chi Wu Style – co-authored with Andrew Jan – 2011
- Cosmic Nutrition – co-authored with W. U. Wei – 2011
- Chi Nei Ching – co-authored with W. U. Wei – 2012
- Greater Kan & Li – co-authored with Andrew Jan – 2012
- Greatest Kan & Li – co-authored with Andrew Jan – 2012
- Multi-Orgasmic Teen – co-authored with W. U. Wei – 2012
Many of the books above are available in foreign languages editions >>
You can order books online at Inner Traditions >>